COVID-19 Resources and Updates
December 3, 2020
Shop Local / Shop Different, This Holiday Season
Each year, all year, but especially during the holiday season we encourage you to shop local. This holiday season its more important than ever to keep our shopping dollars right here in Taos. We are taking it a step further and asking you to shop different. It’s been an incredibly difficult year, and we hope you’ll spend this holiday season finding creative ways to support local businesses.
Support our community by keeping your dollars in Taos, here are a few ways you can do this:
- Visit KNCE @ https://truetaosradio.com/shop-different/ for more local, shopping resources
- Contact Stores via EMAIL or PHONE
- Order Ahead
- Pick-up Curbside
- Order delivery and/or take-Out
- Shop locally online
- Buy Gift Cards to use later
- Give to a local non-profit in the name of a friend or loved one
- Adopt a pet from a local animal shelter
Every dollar you spend in Taos goes directly back into supporting our Taos community. Remember that small local businesses — run by your friends and neighbors — are trying really, really hard to survive the pandemic.
We know that it is not just small businesses struggling. Many of our own friends, family and neighbors are also struggling. Everything changed in 2020 and we’re all learning how to not only shop different, but live different. If you or someone you know needs help in any way here are a few resources:
- Enchanted Circle Community Organization Active in Disaster (EC-COAD) – From financial assistance to childcare and support resources this group of various private sector and non-governmental agencies, businesses, educational institutions, non-profits, faith-based groups, media outlets, and community leaders has compiled an updated and extensive list of local and statewide resources. They were established in March 2020 in response to the Emergency Declaration announced in New Mexico.
- Taos Connects - a free online service that links volunteers and resources in the Enchanted Circle to neighbors in need. They feature local projects from non-profit organizations, religious groups, schools, businesses, and individuals. They then make it easy for people to find these volunteer opportunities. They welcome projects that address needs such as poverty, shelter, education and hunger. Taos Connects also features projects that help build local economic opportunities, like support for small businesses. By giving local organizations and volunteers a way to connect and meet their goals, we can build a healthier community for all.
- Taos County Chamber of Commerce – Provide many great resources for businesses. They exists for the sole purpose of advancing our community's business, agriculture and commercial sectors through the building of entrepreneurial and economic growth.
November 2 through 5 p.m. November 13
Need help with past-due rent or mortgage payments? MFA can help.
To see if you qualify, go to: housingnm.org
Congratulations on securing a Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) Loan! Hopefully, you have been able to use those funds to help your business endure these unprecedented times.
The next step in your PPP journey is preparing to apply for full or partial forgiveness for your PPP loan. To assist, we are launching the following tools to help you do this effectively. Click here to access our calculator and guidebook.
Calculator: Click the link above to get access to our loan forgiveness calculator, a one-stop-shop for estimating your PPP loan forgiveness amount.
Guidebook: Once you complete your calculator submission, you can view or download a PDF guidebook with helpful PPP forgiveness tips and steps to maximize your loan forgiveness.
Thank you for trusting us to be your PPP lending bank. We hope you find these tools helpful and please reach out to us anytime with questions.
September 8, 2020
Changes to our Notary Services
Notary services for customers will be scheduled Monday through Friday between 10:00 am - 11:00 am, or 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm.
July 29, 2020
May 14, 2020
As businesses in our community gradually begin to re-open, we have decided to maintain restrictions to our main lobby, providing access to our banking services through technology, our drive-thru offices, and curb-side appointments. The health and safety of our customers and employees remains our priority and we want to take additional time to prepare for a safe re-opening of our main lobby. Customers can continue to access their money using our online and mobile banking, debit and credit cards, ATMs and drive thru locations.
Our friendly, knowledgeable team remains prepared, available, and committed to helping our customers identify and achieve their financial goals through unequaled personalized service with every customer experience.
When we determine it appropriate to re-open our main branch lobby, we will let you know how we plan to proceed safely.
April 1, 2020
To safeguard the health and safety of our employees and customers as well as to help do our part to help mitigate the spread of the coronavirus, we have closed our lobby to the general public. However, Centinel Bank is operational—and we here for you.
Our friendly, knowledgeable team remains prepared, available and committed to helping our customers identify and achieve their financial goals through unequaled personalized service with every customer experience.
Customers can continue to access their money in an assortment of ways including
- online and mobile banking
- drive thrus
- debit/credit cards
- and more.
Thank you for your trust and loyalty, we are here to help make your financial transactions continue to run smoothly during this uncertain time.
Access your account from the safety of your home or the convenience of your mobile device quickly and securely
- www.centinelbank.com - Access your accounts 24/7 to transfer money, pay bills and more
- Centinel Bank’s Mobile app - Check your account, transfer funds and deposit checks
If you are not currently enrolled in our online banking services enroll here (must be a primary or joint account owner of a consumer account).
We’re also available to you during normal business hours through:
- Email @ firstname.lastname@example.org
- Text message @ 1-844-475-9368
- Phone @ 575-758-6700
- Website contact us form @ www.centinelbank.com
- Drive thru (learn more)
Access your safe deposit box:
- Call 575-758-6700 to schedule an appointment between 11:00am – 12:00pm or 1:00pm – 2:00pm
In response to COVID-19 Centinel Bank is helping customers
- ATM limit - temporary increase
- From $300 to $500 per day
- Mobile deposit (Consumer) - fee waived
- Account transfer - fee waived
Centinel Bank is a member of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC). FDIC deposit insurance is backed by the full faith and credit of the United States Government. Deposits are insured up to at least $250,000 per individual depositor. We invite you to visit FDIC.gov to learn more.
Economic Impact Payment FAQ for Consumers
1. How large a payment will I receive?
3. When will I receive my payment?
March 16, 2020
Centinel Bank of Taos Covid-19 Update
Responding to COVID-19/Coronavirus
For the health and safety of our customers, community, and staff:
We are open but are restricting access to our main office until further notice. We will continue to offer all banking services through our drive thru facilities, over the phone, and using our mobile technologies.
Centinel Bank’s drive thru locations remain open.
Our two drive thru facilities are currently available
Motor Bank Drive Thru
508 Paseo del Pueblo Sur
Taos, NM 87571
Hours: Monday –Thursday 9:00 am – 5:30 pm, Friday 9:00 am – 6:00 pm, Saturday 8:30 am – 2:00 pm
ATM: Available 24 hours a day
Northside Motor Bank Drive Thru
707 Paseo del Pueblo Norte
Taos, NM 87571
Hours: Mon-Thurs: 9:00 am - 5:30 pm, Friday 9:00 am-6:00 pm
ATM: Available 24 hours a day
We are available for questions by phone 575-758-6700, text message 1-844-475-9368, or email email@example.com.
For access to your safe deposit box call 575-758-6700 to schedule an appointment between 11:00am - 12:00pm or 1:00pm - 2:00pm.
Call our 24-hour telephone banking for access to all your accounts. Call anytime to get information, make payments, transfer funds between accounts and review the most recent transactions.
575-758-0300, 758-0303, 758-7718, or 758-2913 or 1-888-758-0303
We encourage you to leverage our Online and Mobile Banking tools, which allow you to conduct most of your banking needs remotely, 24/7. These tools allow you to view your account detail, make payments, transfer money and more. If you are not currently enrolled in our online banking services, please call us 575-758-6700. After you sign up for Online Banking, you will be able to download our mobile app from your phone’s app store.
Thank you for your relationship with Centinel Bank of Taos. We’re committed to local banking for this community we call home. Rest assured that you are banking with a strong community bank. In addition to your money being protected by the FDIC insurance, we have a sound balance sheet and the liquidity necessary to withstand market volatility.
We will continue to monitor this situation very closely. We are vigilant about this matter and our commitment to providing a safe banking environment. For updated information about Centinel Bank we will post information on our doors, website, Facebook and LinkedIn.
If you wish to learn more about COVID-19 and current guidance, please visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention COVID-19 page or the World Health Organization's COVID-19 page.