Centinel Bank scholarships are awarded each year to high school seniors in Taos County. Our recipients are selected based on academic achievement, community involvement, and commitment to excellence. As firm believers in giving back to our community and investing in youth, we started our Scholarship Program in the mid-1980s. Since then, the program has grown significantly and demonstrated our belief that investing in our youth is investing in the future of our communities. Over the past five years alone, we have awarded nearly $200,000 in scholarship awards to students in Taos County.
CENTINEL BANK OF TAOS AWARDS
Centinel Bank Scholarship Awards are typically granted to several students each year and total up to $2,000.
ELIU E. ROMERO ENTREPRENEUR AWARD
The Eliu Romero Entrepreneur Award is given in acknowledgement of our founder who demonstrated incredible perseverance and determination to start Centinel Bank. This award is a four year award totaling up to $4,000.
TREASURE OF TAOS AWARD
The Treasure of Taos award is given to a student who has gone above and beyond in their pursuit of excellence, not just in academics, but in commitment to our community. This award is a four year award totaling up to $4,000.
Our Presidential Award was created in honor of Angel Reyes who was promoted to President of Centinel Bank in 2003. The Presidential Scholarship is a four year award totaling up to $20,000.
To apply for a 2016 Centinel Bank scholarship, students must:
- Complete our online application form
- Submit and upload a personal video recording (Don't have a way to record or upload your video? Contact us to schedule an appointment to do both at our Main Office). Video must not exceed 3 minutes in length and should include a 30 second introduction with the remainder of time spent answering this question:
- What ideas do you have on how you could use your education to make a difference for you and for others?
- Optional: Upload an optional writing sample. This can be anything you wrote that you would like to share such as a previous school assignment, other scholarship essay, etc. (Max 2 pages)
- Application Deadline: Monday, April 4th 2016
All high school seniors in Taos County are eligible to apply!